STARTNEXT CHALLENGE – Rules
The Start Next Entrepreneurship Challenge is a competition for youth and accelerator group. It is being held for young and experience entrepreneurs to foster their business ideas and start-ups. The goal of the StartNext challenge is to promote entrepreneurship in our communities, and to showcase the talents of the next generation. We aim to foster progress towards greater social and economic inclusion in the business world.
Participation in the contest is free, so join us in our efforts to strengthen entrepreneurship.
How competition is conducted
- 1. Registration must be completed by December 15, 2020
- 2. The virtual event will be held on December 19th, 2020
- 3. Non-registered participants will not be accepted into the challenge competition
- 4. Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- 5. Only original ideas are permitted. Any ideas that are found to be plagiarized will be disqualified.
- 6. Judges decision is final
RULES (Youth Challenge)
- Contest participants can form a group (3 – 5 participants) prior to the competition and register as one group
- Individual entrants will be formed as a group by the event organizers at the beginning of the event
- Group members will not be allowed to switch teams after the formation of the group
- The ideas can be decided by the group members at the start of the group session or prior
- Each group will consist of three to five members (depending on the number of contestants)
- The Youth challenge contestants must be between 15 and 21 years of age
- The contestant must be enrolled in academic programs (high school/College/University) in Canada
- Youth challenge will be allowed to present their idea for 3 minutes and there will be questions & answers by judges
- The short-listed finalist from youth challenge will be moved to final presentation
- Final presentation is also for 3 min and the judges will select the top 3 winners
RULES (Accelerator Challenge)
- The group or individual contestant must register online prior to the event
- The contestants can be formed as a group prior to the event or compete as an individual contestant
- The Accelerator challenge contestants must be 22 years or older
- Only original ideas are permitted. Any ideas that are found to be plagiarized will be disqualified.
- The Accelerator challenge competition will be for 5 min presentation and short-listed finalists will be moved to the final presentations
- Final presentation will be for 5 min the Accelerator challenge and the judges will select the top 3 winners